Foundation Waterproofing & Drainage in Rockland County, NY
The Permanent Solution for Flooded Basements or Crawl Spaces
Say goodbye to basement flooding once and for all with a professionally installed Foundation Waterproofing System from Kevin Stokes Excavating. We've been helping Rockland County, NY home owners and business owners keep their basements bone dry for decades. And beyond the benefits of preventing the hassle and headache of basement flooding, a properly waterproofed foundation also plays an important role in preventing excessive moisture buildup with can lead to potentially harmful and unhealthy mold growth problems.
Proper Foundation Waterproofing is a multi-step process comprised of several different elements working together to seal out the water leakage and moisture buildup from surrounding saturated earth, thereby preventing it from passing through the walls of your foundation and entering your basement:
- FOUNDATION EXCAVATION: The first step is to excavate and expose the walls of your foundation.
- FOUNDATION WALL CLEANING: We then thoroughly clean the exterior walls of your foundation to properly prep it for our tar sealer compound application.
- TAR SEALER APPLICATION: Next, the application of tar sealer compound to the exposed areas of your foundation forms a rugged coat of armor around your foundation's exterior walls.
- BATTLE DRAIN INSTALLATION: The sealed foundation walls are then wrapped in a membrane of synthetic "Battle Drain" material which allows the walls to breathe and channels water downward to the bottom, or "footing" of the foundation.
- FOOTING DRAIN INSTALLATION: To catch and disperse the water coming off the Battle Drain, we install a system of "Footing Drains", a network of pipes installed at the base of the foundation which carry the water back up and away from the foundation.
- POSITIVE OUTFLOW ACHIEVED! This all adds up to the all important "positive outflow", meaning the groundwater that would have penetrated your basement interior in the past is now instead channeled away from the structure to a storm sewer, catch basin, dry well, or daylight. In some areas where groundwater saturation levels are especially high, it may be necessary to install leader drains to assist with channeling water away from the foundation.
Don't put yourself through another year of basement or crawl space flooding! Make the smart choice for your property with a professional Foundation Waterproofing System from Kevin Stokes Excavating. It will not only save you the hassle and expenses associated with basement water extraction and dryouts, it will also help to prevent interior mold growth which can aggravate allergies and cause serious health problems.
Trench Drain Installation
Trench Drain installation keeps water away from areas it doesn't belong. In the above photo, a trench drain was installed at the top of a driveway to divert water away from entering the garage.
French Drain Installation
In some cases, further steps are needed to achieve correct drainage flow. In the photo above, a French drain was installed along the fence line to divert water away from a neighboring property.